fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Help! Buying a new car

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Help! Buying a new car

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Kerr

Hello, I’m a newbie buying my first car so I’d be grateful for any advice you might have. I’m looking to get a new car in a couple of months and have narrowed down my choices to the Citroen C3, Ford Fiesta and the new Nissan Micra. Is there a stand out winner in your opinions? Reasons why?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Mike. They’re all a similar size and type of vehicle, so a lot of it will come down to personal preference and what’s being offered for the money. The Fiesta is generally considered to be one of the best cars in this class, but usually it comes down to how much it costs and what you’re getting for your money.

Make sure you test drive the cars you are considering, to make sure you are comfortable and can see around you properly. Every car is slightly different in visibility and layout, and you will simply feel more at home in one than the other.

Have a read of our Ten Golden Rules for buying a car, and make sure you are comfortably within your budget with plenty of money left over for other expenses that will inevitably pop up.

The Citroën C3 and Nissan Micra are both new to the market (and we have reviewed both in recent months), while the Fiesta is being replaced right about now (and our review of the new model will be published this week).

Mike Kerr

Wow, this has been very helpful, Stuart! The Citroën and Micra reviews have certainly given me food for thought and I wait with interest to see the Fiesta review.
      I think booking in some test drives is certainly in order. At this point would you say any of the 3 are the pick of the bunch in terms of value and performance?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

They all have multiple engines and trim specifications, so the right car for your needs may be different for different price points. You’re never comparing apples with apples, as there will always be swings and roundabouts.

The Fiesta has been the biggest-selling car in the UK for many years and for good reason, but that doesn’t mean it will be the best car for you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.