Renault has announced new finance offers for cars bought in February and March, as well as a free insurance promotion on the Clio hatchback.
The company is offering 0% APR personal contract purchase (PCP) finance packages across selected models in its range, as well as 4.9% APR PCP offers that also include a deposit contribution. Additionally, there are hire purchase (HP) offers at 0% APR available with deposit contributions as well.
The free insurance offer on the Clio is only available when purchased using a finance agreement (either PCP or HP) through Renault Finance. As with all “free insurance offers” from car manufacturers, there are several restrictions on eligibility.
What should you look for in the fine print?
- These offers are for selected new Renault models only.
- Finance provided by Renault Finance. UK residents only (excluding the Channel Islands). Over 18s only.
- A 0% APR offer means that you should pay absolutely no interest or fees over the course of the agreement (although penalty fees may still apply).
- The annual mileages shown on the website examples are all set at 6,000. This is less than most drivers average per year, so make sure you are choosing an annual mileage allowance that suits your needs.
- The excess mileage on the PCP packages is 8p/mile. That’s £80 for every 1,000 miles you go over your limit, so make sure you allow yourself enough mileage when setting up the finance agreement. The fee only applies if you are giving the car back and claiming the guaranteed future value (GFV). HP customers do not need to worry about excess mileage.
- Offers cannot be used with other schemes or finance offers.
- Cars have to be ordered by 31st March 2018 and registered by 30th June 2018.
- Insurance offer available on purchases of new Clio (excluding Expression and Renault Sport) when purchased using a finance agreement (either PCP or HP) through Renault Finance. Private retail customers only, aged 21-79 and permanent residents of the UK for a minimum of two years. Other conditions apply, so check with your dealer.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Renault UK promotion.
- The finance offers are provided through Renault dealers by Renault Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Car Expert does!
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert: