UPDATE: Suzuki has announced that its scrappage scheme has been extended until the end of December 2017.
Suzuki has become the latest car manufacturer in the UK to offer a scrappage scheme for older part-exchange vehicles against a selection of new models.
An allowance of up to £2,000 is available on selected models across the entire Suzuki range, with the focus on higher-specification levels rather than base models.
Owners trading in any vehicle (from any brand) with a Euro 4 emissions standard engine or earlier, and registered before 2010, are eligible for the scrappage allowance. All part-exchange vehicles traded in under the scheme will be scrapped rather than re-sold.
The Suzuki offer is only valid this month, with buyers having to take delivery of their new vehicles by 30 September. UPDATE: This has now been extended, and buyers will have until 31 December to buy and take delivery of an eligible new Suzuki.
The savings for each model and grade in the Suzuki Scrappage Scheme are as follows:
|Model||Variant||Scrappage saving (inc. VAT)|
|Ignis||SZ-T & SZ5||£1,000|
|Baleno||SZ-T & SZ5||£2,000|
|S-Cross||SZ-T & SZ5||£2,000|
|Swift||SZ-T & SZ5||£2,000|
|Vitara||SZ-T, SZ5 & S||£2,000|
The Car Expert checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be cars registered before 31 December 2009, although some cars had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order and take delivery by 31 December 2017.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer, manufacturer or finance company. Other offers may prove to be a better option, depending on your circumstances.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.