Dacia has extended its free two-year extended warranty offer to customers who buy a new Dacia model on a PCP or HP car finance package. The offer now runs until the end of January 2018.
The offer is limited to buyers who purchase a new Dacia on a personal contract purchase (PCP) or hire purchase (HP) finance package. The press information stipulates a four-year finance plan, but the Dacia UK website makes no mention of this and customers have reported to The Car Expert that they have been offered the free extended warranty on a three-year PCP.
The two-year extended warranty offer is available on any model in the Dacia range, but excludes entry-level Access specification vehicles. It is normally priced at £395, and provides an overall five-year warranty on the vehicle.
Dacia Duster models also get a deposit contribution in addition to the extended warranty freebie, with £1,250 on offer for diesel engines (up from £1,000 previously) and £250 for petrol engines (down from £500 previously).
The Car Expert explains the fine print
- This offer gives customers a free two-year extended warranty on selected new Dacia models, but only if the customer takes out a selected finance package.
- The value of the extended warranty is £395, so you need to ensure that the cost of taking out the finance is worth it. Typically the cost of a PCP finance agreement will be several thousand pounds.
- The finance package must be a PCP or HP agreement from Dacia Finance.
- The offers set out on the Dacia website are only examples, and you are entitled to adjust the deposit and annual mileage to suit your own needs. The APR shown on the examples is 7.9%, but that does not mean you will be offered a similar rate.
- The annual mileage used in all of the examples is only 6,000, which is lower than most people drive in a year, so bear that in mind.
- The excess mileage on the PCP package is 8p/mile. That’s £80 for every 1,000 miles you go over your limit, so make sure you allow yourself enough mileage when setting up the finance agreement. The fee only applies if you are giving the car back and claiming the guaranteed future value (GFV). HP customers do not need to worry about excess mileage.
- Cars have to be ordered by 31 January 2018 and delivered by 31 March 2018.
- The finance offers are provided through Dacia dealers by Dacia Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Car Expert does!