Mazda UK has joined the legion of manufacturers offering scrappage scheme allowances for older part-exchange vehicles against a selection of new models.
The offer applies to any car first registered before 31 December 2009. Unlike most rival schemes, the Mazda offer is not restricted to Euro 4 vehicles or earlier, so early Euro 5 cars from some manufacturers will also be eligible.
- Read more Mazda news, reviews and features at The Car Expert
- Check out The Car Expert’s round-up of all the latest new car offers
The programme is only available for selected new Mazda models and specifications, all of which must have an official CO2 emissions level of less than 130g/km.
Mazda 2 petrol models are eligible for a £2,000 allowance. Mazda CX-3 diesel crossover models get a £3,000 allowance. Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 petrol models get a £4,000 discount, while Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 diesel models get a £5,000 allowance. Other Mazda models are not included in the scheme.
The offer runs until the end of December, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other dealer, manufacturer or finance company offer.
Mazda is offering a low-rate PCP and conditional sale finance offer, with a representative APR of 3.9%, but you don’t have to take finance to be eligible for the scrappage allowance.
The Car Expert examines the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must have been first registered no later than 31 December 2009. The first registration date is found in your V5C logbook registration document.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- Mazda has not specified a minimum ownership period for part-exchange vehicles.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- New cars must be ordered and registered no later than 31 December 2017.
- This offer can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.