Dacia is increasing its scrappage allowance on selected versions of the Duster compact SUV for 18-registration customers to as much as £2,000.
Until the end of March, the Duster Lauréate dCi 110 4×2 and 4×4 now receive an extra £500 and £1,000 respectively on top of their existing scrappage scheme offers.
This means the front-wheel drive version now comes with a scrappage allowance of £1,500, while the all-wheel drive variant offers a scrappage allowance of £2,000.
In addition to this, during a special Dacia Week event at participating dealers between the 12 and 18 March, the Duster Lauréate dCi 110 will be available with up to a £2,200 deposit contribution when purchased on a three-year 4.9% PCP offer.
Prestige and Ambiance versions of the Duster continue to be available with a scrappage allowance of £1,000. The Dacia scrappage scheme also extends to the Sandero hatchback model. Access specifications of both models are not included in the scrappage scheme.
Drivers wanting to take advantage of the scrappage scheme must part-exchange a car that is Euro-4 standard or older, registered before 31 December 2009. Vehicles traded in under this scheme will be scrapped.
Checking the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro-4 emissions standard or earlier, first registered no later than 31 December 2009.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £100 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must buy and take delivery of your car by 31 March 2018.
- This offer cannot normally be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company, although Dacia is having a special finance event from 12-18 March where you can combine the scrappage allowance with
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert: