Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has announced its scrappage offers for its four UK brands – Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Abarth and Jeep.
Like most of the other schemes on offer, the FCA scrappage offers apply to for any part-exchange cars built to Euro 4 emissions standards or earlier, with either petrol or diesel engines. This means definitely cars first registered before 31 December 2009, although some vehicles had Euro 5 engines before that date.
The scrappage offers only run until 30 September, so cars must be ordered and delivered by the end of this month.
The allowance cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from the dealer, manufacturer or finance company, such as Alfa Romeo’s “Test me” deposit contribution offer, so buyers will have to examine the offers available and decide which is best.
All vehicles part-exchanged under the programme will be scrapped.
|Make and model||Series||Scrappage allowance|
|Fiat 500||Pop||Up to £2,125|
|Fiat 500L||All||Up to £3,500|
|Fiat Panda||All (excl. Pop)||£2,000|
|Fiat Tipo||All||Up to £1,500|
|Fiat 124 Spider||All||£3,000|
|Abarth Spider||All||Up to £3,000|
|Alfa Mito||All (excl. entry model)||£2,500|
|Alfa Giulietta||All (excl. entry model)||Up to £5,300|
|Alfa Giulia||All models (excl. entry version & Quadrifoglio)||£3,250|
The Car Expert checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be cars first registered no later than 2009, although some cars had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 180 days (six months), to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- You must order your new car and take delivery before 30 September 2017.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Car Expert: