Vauxhall is offering interest-free PCP finance and a £500 fuel card next weekend as part of its Help to Buy new car incentive scheme.
The company has rolled out regular Help to Buy initiatives in recent months to try and help new car sales keep ticking over. The scheme applies to the Vauxhall Corsa, Astra, Crossland X, Mokka X and Grandland X models.
The latest offer applies to all qualifying vehicles sold between Friday 11 May and Monday 14 May. Cars must be delivered by 30 June, so you won’t necessarily be able to order your perfect specification from the factory – although there should still be plenty of choice available.
The 0% APR finance offer is only for two-year PCP finance on the above models, so if you want a longer term (most PCPs are three or four years) then it probably won’t be at 0%. There are no deposit contributions either, so the monthly payments might not be as cheap as you expect.
As always there are terms and conditions, so we have checked them over to point out all the important things you need to know before setting foot in a showroom:
What’s in the fine print?
- These offers are for selected new Vauxhall models only.
- The finance offers are only available on personal contract purchase (PCP) finance products. If you want any other type of finance, like a hire purchase, it won’t be at 0%.
- The finance offers listed on the Vauxhall website are only examples, and you are entitled to adjust the deposit and specification to suit your own needs (within limits). The term is fixed at 25 months (two years of monthly payments plus the final balloon payment).
- A 0% APR offer means that you should pay absolutely no interest or fees over the course of the agreement (although penalty fees may still apply).
- Cars have to be ordered by 14 May 2018 and delivered by 30 June 2018.
- The finance offer is provided through Vauxhall dealers by Vauxhall Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
- The £500 free fuel is in the form of a fuel card and is not exchangeable for cash.
- The free fuel offer is not linked to the finance offer, so you don’t have to take out finance to get the free fuel card.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Car Expert does!